Language lovers rejoice at the best wordplay articles in the history of Uncle John!
We asked Roget himself what he thought of Talk Wordy To Me, and he gushed that it’s “incredible, magnificent, wonderful, marvelous, spectacular, astonishing, awe-inspiring, tremen…” Then we cut him off because there’s only so much room to tell you about all the great articles you’ll find in this e-book about word and phrase origins, anagrams, palindromes, puns, jargon, tongue twisters, and the (unintentionally) naughtiest typos ever typed. What else is in here? Lots! A smorgasbord! A cornucopia! A plethora! Myriad! So expand your vocabulary with…
• How txting b changin langage lol • The epic story of epic words that are losing their luster (like “epic”) • A pop music anagram quiz
• The world's wordiest novelist
• Presidential misspeaks that spawned new words
• Hilarious headstones from around the world
• Words and phrases that are much older than you’d think (like “politically correct” and “truthiness”) • Peter Mark Roget’s obsessive-compulsive quest to create his famous thesaurus • What irony isn’t • Trivia, with a catch—all answers contain poo
The Bathroom Readers' Institute is a tight-knit group of loyal and skilled writers, researchers, and editors who have been working as a team for years. The BRI understands the habits of a very special market—Throne Sitters—and devotes itself to providing amazing facts and conversation pieces.