Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Fake Facts
Table of Contents
About The Book
From the market leader in true facts comes a big book of hilariously false information.
The crackpot staff of the Bathroom Readers’ Institute is out of control. After 25 years of laboriously researching facts and verifying them and then verifying them again, Uncle John’s mischievous minions decided to blow off a little steam. The result: Fake Facts. It’s stuff that isn’t even remotely true--we just made it sound real. Why? Because it’s really funny. Fake Facts is 228 pages of origins, facts, weird products, strange diseases, kooky fads, slang terms, historical oddities, and other fascinating bits of information that are too good to be true…because they aren’t true. So put aside your BS detector and settle in to read about:
* The ill-fated “Vice President For a Day” for kids program
* How the overfishing of dolphins led to the canned tuna industry
* “Crumble,” “plaidsy,” “benji,” and other British slang
* Abandoned rules of early baseball, and obscure rules of grammar
* How early vegetarians gave Boston its “Beantown” nickname
* The secret superpowers of twins
* James Joyce’s unpublished sci-fi trilogy
* Unicorns, wizards, and pirates galore
And lots more falsified fun!
- Publisher: Portable Press (September 1, 2012)
- Length: 288 pages
- ISBN13: 9781607107897
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Fake Facts eBook 9781607107897
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.