Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
The Everything Guide to Ayurveda
Improve your health, develop your inner energy, and find balance in your life
Part of Everything®
Table of Contents
About The Book
Combining the Sanskrit words "ayur" (life) and "veda" (knowledge), Ayurveda is an ancient Indian practice for living that dates back thousands of years. Ayurveda promotes a mind-consciousness-body balance that, when in perfect alignment, results in improved health, outlook, and attitude. This is the optimal guide for families interested in Ayurveda, with information on:
- The history of Ayurvedic medicine in India
- Discovering individual "doshas," or personality types
- Incorporating Ayurvedic foods into your everyday diet
- Yoga and exercise techniques for each "dosha"
- Meditation and relaxation tips for the whole family
- Publisher: Everything (December 18, 2011)
- Length: 304 pages
- ISBN13: 9781440530456
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.