Learn to love your parent’s new spouse—and family
Dealing with stepparents isn’t just a kid’s problem anymore. With more and more older parents remarrying, you could be one of the many adults having to deal with the issues that arise from these later-in-life unions. Luckily, Terri P. Smith is here to help you out with what to do after your parent walks down the aisle, again.
Smith deals with conflicts such as:
- Sharing time between stepfamilies
- Managing family rituals
- Figuring out what to do with prized possessions
- Handling wills, inheritances, and trust funds
- Living arrangements
- Caregiving and illness
- Building relationships with grandchildren—his and hers
- Maneuvering holidays and vacations
These practical solutions and emotionally satisfying answers will relieve the strain of your parent’s remarrying, and allow you to enjoy your new extended family.