A NPR 2018 Great Reads Selection for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy
A Library Journal Best Book of 2018 Selection
A Kirkus Reviews Best of the Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of 2018 Selection
An Amazon Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of 2018 Selection
A B&N Sc-Fi & Fantasy 50 Greatest Debut SFF Novels Ever Written Selection
A Tor.com Best Book of 2018 - So Far Selection
A B&N Sci-Fi & Fantasy Best Book of 2018 So Far Selection
Selected as a Highly Anticipated Summer Read by Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
An Amazon Best Book of the Month Selection
One of Bustle's top 20 books of the decade
“Someone please cancel ‘Supernatural’ already and give us at least five seasons of this badass indigenous monster-hunter and her silver-tongued sidekick."
– - The New York Times
“What an astonishing tour de force with thrilling action, fascinating characters and a near future vision of America that I've never seen before. Urban fantasy just got a whole new lease on life.”
– Charlie Jane Anders,, Hugo Award-winning author of All the Birds in the Sky
* "Roanhorse vividly depicts Navajo land, legends, and culture in her marvelous fantasy debut."
– - (STARRED REVIEW) Publishers Weekly
* "This exciting postapocalyptic debut, with its heady combination of smartly drawn characters, Wild West feel, and twisty plot, is a must-read."
– (STARRED REVIEW) Library Journal
"Super great! It is so exciting to read such a fresh take on Urban Fantasy."
– Ana Grilo,, Kirkus Reviews
"It’s the perfect book to pack for the beach or on a summer trip.”
– – Andrew Liptak, , The Verge
“Roanhorse is indigenizing the future of science fiction and fantasy.”
– – SYFY Wire
“What’s not to love about Trail of Lightning? It’s a frakking awesome novel and a fantastic prelude to what is sure to be a thrilling series.”
– – Alex Brown, , Tor.com
"This is a fast, fun read."
– - Liz Bourke, , Tor.com
"Trail of Lightning has set a new standard for speculative fiction."
– - BookPage
"Roanhorse writes this page-turner with visceral clarity."
– Santa Fe New Mexican
“A sharp, wonderfully dreamy, action-driven novel.”
– Kirkus Reviews, July 1, 2018
"I could have read about Maggie, her badassery, her damage, and her perseverance for hundreds more pages."
– , Anomaly
"It's tense and exciting, and a wholly new turn on post-apocalyptic tropes."
– John Scalzi, New York Times Bestselling author of The Consuming Fire
"Riveting and relentless."
– Victor Lavalle, World Fantasy Award-Winning author