Consultants work in all fields. They operate from offices and from home, work for investment firms and as personal trainers, or have expertise as accountants and wedding planners. The independence, flexibility, and potential income it brings make for an exciting and satisfying career. And it’s an increasingly popular one for highly skilled, motivated professionals who’ve been laid off in this unstable economy.
This guide features tips and tricks to help beat the competition, including how to:
- Set—and keep—personal and financial goals
- Organize important paperwork
- Price and market specific services
- Create advertising and publicity plans
- Grow a business, from finding a partner to managing employees
- Minimize and eliminate business risks
Consultants are paid well for their advice—if they know how to operate a successful business. With advice from experts in a variety of areas, this valuable guide helps you create the business of your dreams!