Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
The Everything Parent's Guide to Children with Asperger's Syndrome
The sound advice and reliable answers you need to help your child succeed
Table of Contents
About The Book
The clinical diagnosis of Asperger's can be intimidating for parents. Often the focus is on their child's "disabilities" rather than his "abilities," and parents may be left wondering what they should expect as their child journeys through life. This guide helps you take the first steps toward understanding how this developmental disorder may impact your child. This uncomplicated handbook introduces you to Asperger's and helps you to:
- Get a diagnosis and understand the results
- Identify triggers that can lead to sensory overload
- Recognize symptoms of meltdowns and work to prevent them
- Educate family and friends about Asperger's
- Discover support groups for themselves and their child
Now revised and updated, this new edition includes information on educational concerns and social interactions. This is the only resource you need to help your child overcome the obstacles of Asperger's and find success--and happiness.
- Publisher: Everything (November 18, 2010)
- Length: 320 pages
- ISBN13: 9781440503948
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): The Everything Parent's Guide to Children with Asperger's Syndrome Trade Paperback 9781440503948
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.