Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
With the introduction of Propecia the drug approved by the FDA for the treatment of male pattern baldness, and Rogaine 5%, regrowth of regular or "terminal" hair -- not peach fuzz -- is finally a reality. Yet thousands of products in the $7 billion hair-loss treatment and restoration industry claim their effectiveness too. Now in The Bald Truth, consumer advocate Spencer David Kobren offers the antidote to decades of hair-raising hype. In this comprehensive, authoritative book, Kobren examines the largely unregulated baldness treatment industry and tells how, after years of research, he successfully treated his own hair loss -- and how you can too.
IN THE BALD TRUTH YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
* the latest in hair restoration -- including a thorough review of the breakthrough drugs Propecia and Rogaine 5%, and how they work
* how to keep from getting scalped by botched surgical procedures
* how nutrition can supercharge treatment -- the diet that helps hair grow
* the power of herbal treatments
* hair systems -- what they are and where to find the good ones
Exploring case histories, the latest scientific studies, and new treatments being developed, The Bald Truth proves that male pattern baldness can be combated -- and helps you make an educated decision about the best alternatives available today.