"Larry Kidder walks with us in the bloody footprints of Washington's soldiers as they changed the history of the world in ten days, in this electrifying testament to the qualities of the human spirit."
– Edward G. Lengel, author of "General George Washington: A Military Life"
"Ten Crucial Days represents the very best kind of immersive history. Readers will feel like they were there with those British and American soldiers who fought and survived or died during the pivotal Trenton to Princeton campaign of late 1776, early 1777. Many huzzahs to author William L. Kidder for producing this thoroughly researched, easy-to-read volume focusing on the epic events that breathed new life into the faltering cause of liberty. Highly recommended... Deserves a wide readership."
– James Kirby Martin, author of the award winning "Benedict Arnold, Revolutionary Hero: An American Warrior Reconsidered"
"Larry Kidder's Ten Crucial Days takes you step by step across the wintery landscape of southern New Jersey. Based on extensive research in primary sources drawn from all sides of the conflict, Kidder introduces the reader to the deeply personal experiences of officers and common soldiers alike during what pamphleteer Thomas Paine called in December of 1776, 'the times that try men's souls.'"
– Bob Selig, Historical Consultant, Project Historian, Washington Rochambeau Revolutionary Route National Historic Trail
"Larry Kidder has given us a meticulously researched and deeply informed account of the 'Ten Crucial Days' in our struggle for independence from Great Britain. His work reflects the impressive scholarship and extensive knowledge of this subject for which he is known and provides the reader with a wealth of information about one of the most critical periods in American history."
– David Price, author of "Rescuing the Revolution: Unsung Patriot Heroes and the Ten Crucial Days of America's War for Independence" and "The Road to Assunpink Creek: Liberty's Desperate Hour and the Ten Crucial Days of the American Revolution"
"Stryker, Smith, Dwyer, Fischer, and now... Kidder. His Ten Crucial Days: Washington's Vision for Victory Unfolds is a masterful addition to the literature of Trenton and Princeton. Kidder mines overlooked sources, corrects standing errors, and presents a clear, concise, and accurate picture of the campaign. Relying heavily on original narratives, he offers the opposing participants' own observations, giving the reader a feeling of immediacy. The action flows smoothly, carrying us from the dark days of the retreat to the triumphant march to Morristown."
– Bill Welsch, President, American Revolutionary War Round Table (ARRT) - Richmond and Co - Founder of the Congress of ARRTs