"Reiki for the Heart and Soul is a gift to us from a remarkable woman who lives and breathes her work. The book literally loves us into each and every precious principle, weaving its magic as we read, bringing us into a deeper understanding. I feel it should be required reading for all dedicated practitioners and teachers.”
– Mari Hall, founder and director of International Association for Reiki and author of Reiki for the S
"This excellent book shows how the five Reiki principles can be used for personal development and spiritual growth. Suited to practitioners of every level, it is packed with insights and techniques invaluable to anyone wishing to deepen their understanding and practice of Reiki."
– Chris Parkes and Penny Parkes, authors of 15-Minute Reiki: Health and Healing at Your Fingertips
“Amy Rowland’s compassionate journey into Usui’s world offers the reader a catalyst for a deeper connection with Usui the man and his Way of Being. She has captured the very essence of his spiritual teachings, creating a bridge between Eastern and Western Reiki teachings.”
– Dave King, Reiki instructor and author of O-Sensei: A View of Mikao Usui
“Amy Rowland elegantly and eloquently shares how we may each ‘walk our talk’ by offering riveting, real-life examples of how present-day Reiki Masters and esteemed Reiki Masters of the past have utilized, and continue to utilize, the Reiki principles in a dynamic and living way, every day. This is a must read for humanity!”
– Sensei John King, R.M., D.D., author of Breathology: How To Breathe Yourself To Better Health
“This is a well-written Reiki book that weaves together many important details with a wonderful spiritual sentiment. It grounds one in the here and now and inspires practitioners to look deeply into their own healing and to help others.”
– William Lee Rand, author of Reiki: The Healing Touch and director of the International Center for Re
“A joyful read! Amy Rowland provides a heartfelt guide for living Reiki in our daily lives. This book will help you open to Reiki as a spiritual path.”
– Carolyn Musial, teacher/practitioner with the International Center for Reiki Training and author of
“Amy Rowland has once again written an invaluable and insightful book. Reiki for the Heart and Soul not only provides an excellent overview of the Reiki system but also explores, for the first time, the Reiki principles from a place of depth and authenticity. This book exemplifies the very essence of Reiki and provides us with a map of how we can genuinely use these teachings for the betterment of ourselves and humanity."
– Lawrence Ellyard, author of Reiki: 200 Questions and Answers for Beginners and Reiki Meditations for
“An in-depth book on the principles of Reiki and mindfulness of their values--recommended both to newcomers and established practitioners.”
– Tanmaya Honervogt author of The Power of Reiki: An Ancient Hands-On Healing Technique
"As someone who was attuned to reiki almost two decades ago, I was delighted as I read Amy Rowland's discussion of it as spiritual pathwork. . . . Her account of what she learned is written clearly, directly, and with a sense of joy."
– Anna Jediziewski, New Age Retailer
" . . . Amy Rowland takes the practice of Reiki to the next level by sharing the secrets behind really integrating the Reiki principles into your personal and professional Reiki practice."
– Zach Keyer, author Reiki Marketing, Reiki Leadership, Nov 2008
"Whether you use Reiki only for yourself, or if you have clients, you will treasure this book and the energy it carries. It brings the practice of Reiki to your daily life in a practical and grounded spiritual way."
– New Spirit Journal, Vol. 4, No. 8, Dec 2008
"If you are interested in going deeply into the Reiki principles and aligning with them in your daily life, this book is a valuable resource. I haven't seen any other Reiki book that devotes such care and commitment to illuminating these principles and helping us all appreciate their power."
– Jed Shlackman, reviewer, Nov 2008
"Chapters cover the five core Reiki principles presented in Western and Japanese traditions which can be used for both personal and spiritual growth. New Age and general-interest spirituality libraries will consider it a winning acquisition."
– The Midwest Book Review, March 2009
"Anyone with a curiosity regarding Reiki should come away from this book with a basic understanding and should know if Reiki is something they wish to pursue further, or not. . . . Even a reader that is not interested in learning Reiki could learn a great deal about how to incorporate these principles into his own spiritual practice."
– Rovena Windsor, The Henge of Keltria, Issue 82, May 2009
"Rowland obviously does write from the heart, offering many helpful suggestions and practical ideas on how to attune and deepen ourselves--and thus discover a happier, healthier way of being in the world."
– Keila Swan, Alaska Wellness, Vol. 15, No. 1, Jan/Feb 2010