What's the Play Smart secret? Making learning fun! BOOK FEATURES
Play Smart Numbers 3+
- 70 pages includes over 100 stickers, and a wipe-clean numbers board
- For ages 3-5
- 8.25" x 11.875"
will help your child develop preschool readiness skills, such as following directions and attending to tasks, while learning concrete skills, such as counting and comparing quantities. By practicing tracing numbers, ordering numbers, making comparisons, identifying patterns, and understanding how parts can be added to make a whole, your child will be exposed to the numbers one through twenty. However, the focus will be on the identification of numbers one through ten. What’s Play Smart Workbooks
About Gakken Gakken
- Over 48 million Play Smart Workbooks sold worldwide.
- Educational method with over 60 years of experience.
- Age appropriate activities: Activities are carefully developed to match the level of specific age group.
- Step-by-step method: The instruction and the activity gradually get challenging throughout the workbook.
- Wide variety of activities: Variety of activities from different approaches help children strengthen critical thinking skills and creativity, which help them to be able to solve practical problems on their own. It also helps keep their interest and focus.
- Stickers: Uses stickers within the context of certain activities and also as rewards for completed work to keep children motivated.
- 4 colors throughout the book with variety of fun illustrations: The cute and colorful illustrations engage children in activities. Fun illustrations help children understand the activities without reading the instructions.
- Support children’s learning: “To Parents” sections explain the effective ways for parents to support children’s learning.
- School readiness: Children can acquire basic academic skills before entering preschool.
- Play Smart Series has won National Parenting Product Awards, Family Choice Award and Mom’s Choice Awards®.
is the number 1 educational publisher in Japan. Founded in 1946 by Hideto Furuoka, the mission of Gakken has always been to produce fun-first, educational materials for children.
Gakken is well-known to Asian families for its bestselling workbooks. Gakken is also well-respected in academic circles - publishing popular teaching materials for preschools, kindergartens, and primary schools. In addition to its substantial publishing business, Gakken also runs 14,000 learning centers called “Gakken Classrooms” and operates nursery schools - all inspired by the successful formula used in their workbooks. Play Smart’s philosophy
rewards success and builds confidence. Created by educational experts, this award-winning Play Smart series uses Gakken’s unique fun-first method of completing age-appropriate activities that are progressively more challenging, building on small achievements, and fostering an eagerness to learn. The variety of activities leads to creative problem-solving skills and prepares children for the journey of lifelong learning.