• Doña Bernadette Vigil, the working partner of don Miguel Ruiz and a fully initiated Nagual woman, reveals the authentic tradition of Toltec self-mastery.
• Includes exercises from the ancient spiritual path that take the practitioner from Jaguar Knight and Eagle Knight through Nagual Master.
• Provides a program of 11 Agreements for continuing the spiritual journey.
The Toltec people of ancient Mexico possessed powerful knowledge, passed down secretly through generations of Naguals, that enabled them to achieve a remarkable psychic and spiritual balance. These spiritual warriors learned to discipline their thoughts and emotions, channeling their energy into unconditional love for themselves and others and transforming their world in the process.
With the understanding of one who has walked the path, doña Bernadette Vigil--a full Nagual, or shaman, in the Toltec tradition--guides readers through the effective training techniques practiced by Toltec warriors for centuries. By following the practices of the spiritual warrior, readers will experience the amazing sense of peace and contentment that comes from finally breaking free from layers of self-limiting thoughts and fulfilling their true potential as human beings. More than a handbook for personal change, Mastery of Awareness challenges readers to transform the collective dream of the planet.
Dona Bernadette Vigil is a professional artist and her work has been widely exhibited. She presents Toltec wisdom workshops with Nagual don Miguel Ruiz throughout the United States and abroad. She lives in New Mexico.
"Doña Bernadette and I have worked together for more than ten years. She was my best apprentice and soon became a master and the Nagual woman of my party. The wisdom and love she has shared as a teacher in workshops and classes is now available in this book."
– Don Miguel Ruiz, author of The Four Agreements
"For those who are ready to actualize dreams, visions, and desires, Bernadette offers you a profound step-by-step journey into ancient Toltec wisdom, personal power, and freedom."
– Elena Avila, coauthor of Woman Who Glows in the Dark
"Mastery of Awareness is a very clear, simple, and profound book that guides us to find our true identity. I truly felt as if this book was freeing me of my past as I was reading it. Just reading this book provides great healing."
– Sandra Ingerman, author of Soul Retrieval and Medicine for the Earth
"Mastery of Awareness is a brilliantly developed, clear, concise and heartfelt presentation of the Toltec way to wholeness, freedom and peace."
– Spirit of Change, September 2001
"There is powerful medicine in this sincere and nourishing book."
– ICS, Bodhi Tree Book Review, Winter 2001 / Spring 2002