Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
40 Top Designers Speak Out About What Inspires
Table of Contents
About The Book
What Inspires You?
This was the question asked of forty of the world's top designers. The resulting interviews are thought-provoking, poignant, irreverent, hilarious, philosophical - and above all, inspiring.
Just as these great designers have the ability to get - and stay - inspired, so will you, as you read their interviews, see their self-portraits, experience examples of their best work, and peruse personal questionnaires that each one filled out by hand.
Here's a sampling of what the designers are talking about:
- Doyald Young on education and reinterpretation
- Stefan Sagmeister on honesty, smoking and science
- Milton Glaser on the subconscious and receptivity
- Jan Karlsson & Hjalti Wilker on music videos, European design and weirdness
- Erik Spiekermann on pressure and problem solving
- Sean Adams on cops, authenticity, details, reality and going against the grain
- Michael Beirut on greatness against the odds and craftmanship
- Clive Piercy & Michael Hodgson on design legacy, soul and idea-driven work
- Chip Kidd on problems and solutions, pluralism and Japanese ephemera
- Luba Lukova on being true to your work, honesty and the circus
- Mirko Ilic on working with great people and combining experiences
- Margo Chase on jazz, architecture, vision and passion
- Noreen Morioka on truth, beauty and living real life
- Ann Willoughby on curiosity, the future and cultural studies
With these words of wisdom from the masters of their craft, you can't help but be inspired. And while inspiration itself has yet to be packaged and sold, this book is the closest thing on the market. Take a look inside and you'll see what we mean.
- Publisher: HOW Books (May 18, 2005)
- Length: 240 pages
- ISBN13: 9781581805550
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.