ENDURING LITERATURE ILLUMINATED BY PRACTICAL SCHOLARSHIP
In these influential dialogues—Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Meno, Phaedo, Symposium—Plato employs the dialectic method to examine the trial and death of his mentor, Socrates, and address the eternal questions of human existence.
THIS ENRICHED CLASSIC EDITION INCLUDES:
• A concise introduction that gives the reader important background information
• A chronology of the author’s life and work
• A timeline of significant events that provides the book’s historical context
• An outline of key themes and plot points to guide the reader’s own interpretations
• Detailed explanatory notes
• Critical analysis and modern perspectives on the work
• Discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
• A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader’s experience
Simon & Schuster Enriched Classics offer readers affordable editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and insightful commentary. The scholarship provided in Enriched Classics enables readers to appreciate, understand, and enjoy the world’s finest books to their full potential.