From the celebrated team behind Creepy Carrots!, Aaron Reynolds and Caldecott Honor winner Peter Brown, comes a hilarious (and just a little creepy) story of a brave rabbit and a very weird pair of underwear.
Jasper Rabbit is NOT a little bunny anymore. He’s not afraid of the dark, and he’s definitely not afraid of something as silly as underwear. But when the lights go out, suddenly his new big rabbit underwear glows in the dark. A ghoulish, greenish glow. If Jasper didn’t know any better he’d say his undies were a little, well, creepy. Jasper’s not scared obviously, he’s just done with creepy underwear. But after trying everything to get rid of them, they keep coming back!
Aaron Reynolds is the New York Times bestselling author of many highly acclaimed books for kids, including Here Comes Destructosaurus!, Carnivores, and the Caldecott Honor–winning book Creepy Carrots!. He regularly makes time to visit schools where his hilarious hands-on presentations keep kids spellbound. Aaron lives in Chicago with his wife, two kids, four cats, and anywhere between zero and ten goldfish, depending on the day. Visit Aaron at Aaron-Reynolds.com.
Peter Brown is the author of Children Make Terrible Pets and the critically acclaimed artist of Chowder and Flight of the Dodo. He is a graduate of the Art Center College of Design in Pasedena, California. He now lives in Brooklyn, New York. Visit Peter at PeterBrownStudio.com.
* "This strikes the ideal balance between frightening and hilarious, and like the underwear itself, readers are guaranteed to keep coming back for this storytime platinum!"
– Booklist - Starred Review, May 15, 2017
"Reynolds dives even farther into elementary-grade horror here, balancing nicely between humorous and haunting in tone and events....Young horror fans will fall immediately in love with the terrifying undies and hope that accompanying merch is in the works."
– Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, July/August 2017
* "Balances a really spooky premise with the hilarity that accompanies any mention of underwear....Perfect for those looking for a scary Halloween tale that won't leave them with more fears than they started with."
– Kirkus Reviews - starred review, July 2017
* "Once again, Reynolds and Brown are in perfect comedic synch as they channel the surprises and creeping dread of a thriller. Brown’s noir-style b&w illustrations make the most of the premise, and the innate absurdity of being afraid of one’s undergarments will be a surefire winner with many kids."
– Publisher's Weekly - starred review, July 17, 2017
"First introduced in Creepy Carrots, Jasper’s antics are equally humorous and appropriately but safely spooky. VERDICT An enjoyable and comfortably spine-tingling picture book for a Halloween or any day storytime."
– School Library Journal, August 2017
"Humorous text...captures Jasper’s age-appropriate not-quite-a-big-kid dilemma. Brown’s noirish...illustrations—black, white, gray, and Day-Glo green—heighten both the silliness and the spookiness that are on display in equal measure."