The first comprehensive guide to overcoming addictions by using natural remedies that rebuild health for both body and mind from the inside out.
• Covers a full range of natural remedies, including herbs, homeopathy, aromatherapy, flower essence remedies, color therapy, acupressure, and more.
• Addresses many different substances, such as caffeine and chocolate, and discusses how the body deals with withdrawal, detoxification, and repatterning.
• The natural remedies included in this book can be used in conjunction with conventional therapies.
• By well-known author Brigitte Mars, who has 30 years of experience with natural therapies and is the formulator for UniTea Herbs.
Addiction is one of the most serious health issues facing our twenty-first century culture. Modern lifestyles encourage us to consume excessive amounts of caffeine and sugar and to unwind from our stressful lives with tobacco or alcohol. Left untreated, some addictions can cause metabolic damage, leading to heart disease, high blood pressure, and immune disorders--as well as causing nutritional deficiencies, fatigue, and depression.
Addiction-Free--Naturally offers gentle but effective ways to ease cravings and nourish the body, as well as information on cleansing the body of accumulated toxins and using natural remedies for stress relief. The remedies can be used in conjunction with conventional therapies, such as psychotherapy or Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. The author also offers advice on designing a personal program to break addiction and finding a health care professional or program to offer expert guidance as you walk the road to recovery.
Brigitte Mars, a founding member of the American Herbalists Guild, is an herbalist, nutritional consultant, and teacher with 30 years of experience. She is the author of Herbs for Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails; Natural First Aid; Addiction-Free Naturally, and Dandelion Medicine. The formulator for and co-owner of UniTea Herbs, she lives in Boulder, Colorado.
"How exciting to find an herb book that can really make a difference in someone's life."
– American Herb Association, Vol. 16:4
". . . this book offers a variety of safe, natural and effective techniques for beating addiction."
– Earth Star, December/January 2002
"This book is especially useful for gaining a better understanding of your addiction, or addictions in general, and for providing ideas for healing your addiction, using over 20 modalities. I would recommend this book as an initial step in making the commitment to seek help regarding your addiction."
– The Library Letter, Spring 2002
"Mars offers gentle, non-invasive methods of breaking free from addictions, including ways of cleansing the body of accumulated toxins."
– Diane Wilde, SHE magazine, 06/03
"Addiction Free--Naturally shows you a supportive way to ease away from your addictions naturally while still working through whatever program you’re on. By following simple instructions you can help nourish brain chemistry (which is responsible for many of our emotions), stabilize blood sugar, and correct long-neglected nutritional deficiencies, all of which are important predictors of sustaining recovery."