Update: We are pleased to announce that we have extended these guidelines through March 31, 2022.
Simon & Schuster Online Book Readings – Spring 2020 (COVID‑19) Guidelines
Dear Educators, Librarians, and Booksellers:
Simon & Schuster is pleased to provide resources and support as you navigate distance learning and bookselling in the weeks ahead. Please visit The Book Pantry website for reading group and teaching guides, author studies, and more at SimonandSchusterPublishing.com/TheBookPantry
In addition, we will permit you to livestream and post readings of Simon & Schuster books online for your students and customers, subject to the following. By posting a reading, you are agreeing to these terms:
1. At the beginning of your video, please state that you are reading the book “with permission from Simon & Schuster.”
2. We ask that you post your reading within the confines of your school, library, or store's platform or another closed group with limited access for your students and customers. However, for Ready-to-Reads, picture books, and any other younger formats, if this is not possible, you may post it through a public platform, such as YouTube.
3. For these younger formats, it is fine to read the entire book. For chapter books and novels, the readings should be limited to a few chapters.
4. Since this is a way to deal with the current extraordinary situation, your video should be deleted or access disabled by no later than March 31, 2022.
5. If you are an educator or librarian, email us at Education.Library@SimonandSchuster.com with your name, school, city, and state, and the title and author/illustrator of the book you intend to read online and the date. If you are a bookseller, email us at ChildrensPublicity@SimonandSchuster.com with your name, store, location, and the title and author/illustrator of the book you intend to read online and the date.
6. Finally, we would love to follow along with your read-aloud, so educators and librarians, please tag Simon & Schuster Education & Library’s social media in your posts!
And booksellers, please tag Simon & Schuster’s social media in your posts!
Any recordings that Simon & Schuster Children's authors have made and posted may be used in the same way during this period of time. Many thanks for the work you do every day to share books and the love of reading!
Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing