Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
jQuery in Action, Third Edition, is a fast-paced guide to jQuery, focused on the tasks you'll face in nearly any web dev project. In it, you'll learn how to traverse the DOM, handle events, perform animations, write jQuery plugins, perform Ajax requests, and even unit test your code. Its unique Lab Pages anchor each concept in real-world code. This expanded Third Edition adds new chapters that teach you how to interact with other tools and frameworks and build modern single-page web applications.
About the Readers
- Updated for jQuery 3
- DOM manipulation and event handling
- Animations and effects
- Advanced topics including Unit Testing and Promises
- Practical examples and labs
, Ajax in Practice
, and Prototype and Scriptaculous in Action
. Yehuda Katz
is an early contributor to jQuery and cocreator of Ember.js. Aurelio De Rosa
is a full-stack web developer and a member of the jQuery content team.Table of Contents
PART 1 STARTING WITH JQUERY
- Introducing jQuery
PART 2 CORE JQUERY
- Selecting elements
- Operating on a jQuery collection
- Working with properties, attributes, and data
- Bringing pages to life with jQuery
- Events are where it happens!
- Demo: DVD discs locator
- Energizing pages with animations and effects
- Beyond the DOM with jQuery utility functions
- Talk to the server with Ajax 260
- Demo: an Ajax-powered contact form
PART 3 ADVANCED TOPICS
- When jQuery is not enough...plugins to the rescue!
- Avoiding the callback hell with Deferred
- Unit testing with QUnit
- How jQuery fits into large projects