jQuery UI in Action is a practical guide to using and customizing jQuery UI library components to build rich, user-friendly web applications. By working through numerous engaging examples, you'll move quickly from placing a datepicker on the page to building a complete user interface that includes features like a contact form and shopping cart. You'll master jQuery UI's five main interactions—draggable, droppable, resizable, selectable, and sortable—and learn UI techniques that work across all devices.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
You're only one tag away from richer user interfaces — ‹script src="jquery-ui.js"›. The jQuery UI library simplifies web UI development by providing robust widgets, interactions, and effects you can use immediately. It includes datepickers, autocompletes, tooltips, and a whole lot more. And, jQuery UI's powerful widget factory makes it a snap to customize existing components to meet your needs.
jQuery UI in Action is a practical guide to using and customizing jQuery UI library components. By working through numerous examples, you'll quickly master jQuery UI's twelve widgets and five interactions—draggable, droppable, resizable, selectable, and sortable. The engaging examples illustrate techniques that work across all devices. You'll use the widget factory to create reusable plugins and discover jQuery UI's CSS theming system that allows you to create a custom, cohesive look for your sites and your applications.
Written for front-end developers and web designers with a basic understanding of jQuery.
About the Author
- Create interactions that work on any device
- Customizable widgets for web and mobile apps
- Written by a member of the core jQuery UI team
- Covers jQuery UI 1.11
A professional web developer, TJ VanToll
is a member of the jQuery UI core team.Table of Contents
PART 1 MEET JQUERY UI
- Introducing jQuery UI
- Enhancing UIs with widgets
PART 2 JQUERY UI CORE
- Building complex web forms with jQuery UI
- Enhancing interfaces with layout and utility widgets
- Adding interaction to your interfaces
- Creating rich animations with effects
- Theming and styling applications with jQuery UI
PART 3 CUSTOMIZATION AND ADVANCED USAGE
- Using the widget factory to build stateful plugins
- Extending widgets with the widget factory
- Preparing your application for production
- Building a flight-search application
- Under the hood of jQuery UI