Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
jQuery UI in Action
Table of Contents
About The Book
jQuery UI in Action is a practical guide to using and customizing jQuery UI library components to build rich, user-friendly web applications. By working through numerous engaging examples, you'll move quickly from placing a datepicker on the page to building a complete user interface that includes features like a contact form and shopping cart. You'll master jQuery UI's five main interactions—draggable, droppable, resizable, selectable, and sortable—and learn UI techniques that work across all devices.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
You're only one tag away from richer user interfaces — ‹script src="jquery-ui.js"›. The jQuery UI library simplifies web UI development by providing robust widgets, interactions, and effects you can use immediately. It includes datepickers, autocompletes, tooltips, and a whole lot more. And, jQuery UI's powerful widget factory makes it a snap to customize existing components to meet your needs.
jQuery UI in Action is a practical guide to using and customizing jQuery UI library components. By working through numerous examples, you'll quickly master jQuery UI's twelve widgets and five interactions—draggable, droppable, resizable, selectable, and sortable. The engaging examples illustrate techniques that work across all devices. You'll use the widget factory to create reusable plugins and discover jQuery UI's CSS theming system that allows you to create a custom, cohesive look for your sites and your applications.
Written for front-end developers and web designers with a basic understanding of jQuery.
- Create interactions that work on any device
- Customizable widgets for web and mobile apps
- Written by a member of the core jQuery UI team
- Covers jQuery UI 1.11
About the Author
A professional web developer, TJ VanToll is a member of the jQuery UI core team.
Table of Contents
- Introducing jQuery UI
- Enhancing UIs with widgets
PART 2 JQUERY UI CORE
- Building complex web forms with jQuery UI
- Enhancing interfaces with layout and utility widgets
- Adding interaction to your interfaces
- Creating rich animations with effects
- Theming and styling applications with jQuery UI
- Using the widget factory to build stateful plugins
- Extending widgets with the widget factory
- Preparing your application for production
- Building a flight-search application
- Under the hood of jQuery UI
PART 1 MEET JQUERY UI
PART 3 CUSTOMIZATION AND ADVANCED USAGE
- Publisher: Manning (October 12, 2014)
- Length: 384 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617291937
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): jQuery UI in Action 1st Edition Trade Paperback 9781617291937
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.