A revised and updated edition of the classic self-help book that has served as a lifeline to the millions of adults who have ADHD!
With over a quarter million copies in print, You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!
is one of the bestselling books on attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder ever written. There is a great deal of literature about children with ADHD, but what do you do if you have ADHD and aren't a child anymore? This indispensable reference—the first of its kind written for
adults with ADHD by
adults with ADHD—focuses on the experiences of adults, offering updated information, practical how-tos, and moral support to help readers deal with ADHD. It also explains the diagnostic process that distinguishes ADHD symptoms from normal lapses in memory, lack of concentration or impulsive behavior, offering guidance on how your reframe our view of ADHD and embrace its benefits. Here's what's new:
- The new ADHD medications and their effectiveness
- The effects of ADHD on human sexuality
- The differences between male and female ADHD—including falling estrogen levels and its impact on cognitive function
- The power of meditation
- ADHD coaching tricks and tips
And the book still includes the tried-and-true advice about:
- Achieving balance by analyzing one's strengths and weaknesses
- Getting along in groups, at work and in intimate and family relationships—including how to decrease discord and chaos
- Learning the mechanics and methods for getting organized and improving memory
- Seeking professional help, including therapy and medication