"The best book I've seen on the subject. Its commonsense, nonhysterical approach assures legitimate informed consent."
– Peggy O'Mara, publisher of Mothering magazine
"Aviva Romm has written a book of aid and comfort for agonized parents who must make intelligent life decisions for their kids while lacking reliable information about how vaccines act."
– Richard Moskowitz, M.D.
"This must-read book is a valuable resource for all parents."
– Mary Bove, N.D., author of The Encyclopedia of Natural Healing for Children and Infants
"Aviva Jill Romm brings a high level of intelligence and insight to the debate on public policies regarding vaccination. Level-headed and thoroughly researched, yet eminently readable, her book leaves no stones unturned and refuses to shy away from challenging the status quo. It should be read by every parent who is considering vaccination for their child; and I daresay that it should also be mandatory reading for every health professional in the position of recommending (or discouraging) the use of vaccines."
– Robert Rountree, M.D., coauthor of Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child
"Aviva Romm has written a well researched book that will educate and empower parents."
– Lawrence B. Palevsky, M.D., Holistic and Integrative Pediatrician
"Now especially, as the anthrax scare has some folks advocating compulsory vaccinations for all, Romm's wise and well-written book is a breath of fresh air."
– MS, Napra ReView, January/February 2002
"Romm takes a holistic approach to disease prevention yet provides balanced information on all aspects of the vaccination controversy. Overall, the book uses a commonsense approach that allows the reader to weigh the available options."
– Living Without, Summer 2002
". . . provides objective, useful information to support parents as they make decisions about immunization."
– Barabara M. Bibel, Criticas, Fall 2006