Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Using the TI-84 Plus
Also Covers the TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
Table of Contents
About The Book
This easy-to-follow book includes terrific tutorials and plenty of exercises and examples that let you learn by doing. It starts by giving you a hands-on orientation to the TI-84 Plus calculator. Then, you'll start exploring key features while you tackle problems just like the ones you'll see in your math and science classes.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About this Book
With so many features and functions, the TI-84 Plus graphing calculator can be a little intimidating. But fear not if you have this book in your hand! In it you'll find terrific tutorials ranging from mastering basic skills to advanced graphing and calculation techniques, along with countless examples and exercises that let you learn by doing.
Using the TI-84 Plus, Second Edition starts by making you comfortable with the screens, buttons, and special vocabulary you'll use every time you fire up the TI-84 Plus. Then, you'll master key features and techniques while you tackle problems just like the ones you'll see in your math and science classes. You'll even get tips for using the TI-84 Plus on the SAT and ACT math sections!
No advanced knowledge of math or science is required.
- Learn hands-on with real examples and exercises
- Find specific answers fast
- Compliant with all models of the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus
- Full coverage of the color-screen TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
Christopher Mitchell, PhD. is a research scientist studying distributed systems, the founder of the programming and calculator support site cemetech.net, and the author of Manning's Programming the TI-83 Plus/ TI-84 Plus.
Table of Contents
- What can your calculator do?
- Get started with your calculator
- Basic graphing
- Variables, matrices, and lists
- Expanding your graphing skills
- Precalculus and your calculator
- Calculus on the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus
- Calculating and plotting statistics
- Working with probability and distributions
- Financial tools
- Turbocharging math with programming
- The TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
- Now what?
PART 1 BASICS AND ALGEBRA ON THE TI-84 PLUS
PART 2 PRECALCULUS AND CALCULUS
PART 3 STATISTICS, PROBABILITY, AND FINANCE
PART 4 GOING FURTHER WITH THE TI-83 PLUS/TI-84 PLUS
- Publisher: Manning (July 11, 2015)
- Length: 376 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617293153
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Using the TI-84 Plus 2nd Edition Trade Paperback 9781617293153
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.