• A compact guide to assembling a customized travel health kit with natural remedies for relieving many of the traveler's common complaints--from sore feet and jet lag to insomnia and stress.
• Offers a variety of simple but effective remedies, including herbs, aromatherapy, homeopathy, and supplements.
• Provides specific advice for those traveling by land, air, or sea.
In this handy pocket guide, Pamela Hirsch shares her hard-won secrets for getting through your next business or pleasure trip with an easy stomach and a calm mind. Growing up in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe, the author was exposed to different healing modalities at an early age and found that these time-tested techniques served her well during worldwide travel. The Traveler's Natural Medicine Kit provides gentle but effective help for a wide variety of common complaints, including sore feet, nausea, bug bites, constipation, jet lag, heartburn, headache, and stress. Drawing on herbs, aromatherapy, homeopathy, and supplements, the author shows you how to prepare a lightweight travel kit of remedies especially suited to your trip and your body's individual needs. She also includes home remedies that are easily found in a local market or grocery store and simple exercises that can relieve discomfort. Whether you are traveling by land, air, or sea, this easy-to-reference book is a must-pack essential for your next trip.
Pamela Hirsch, owner of Rowan Mountain Herbals, an herbal body-care business specializing in natural soaps, has worked with medicinal herbs for nearly a decade. Growing up in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe, she was exposed to different healing modalities at an early age. She shares her hard-won herbal secrets for staying healthy on the road in The Traveler's Natural Medicine Kit.
"Full of helpful hints from a seasoned traveler, this delightful compendium will prove invaluable for all those who love adventure and look first to nature for her cures and ready remedies."
– Rosemary Gladstar, author of Herbal Healing for Women
"Pamela Hirsch's extensive experience as a world traveler and her deep knowledge of herbs have come together in this joyful and comprehensive guide book. She has done a great service for the health-conscious traveler."
– Shatoiya de la Tour, coauthor of The Herbalist's Garden