“There are few, if any, people in the world who knew Chris Kyle as well as Kevin "Dauber" Lacz. Many, like myself, knew some of Chris’s story; few, like Kevin, knew virtually all of it.
This book is about the amazing true grit of SEAL Team THREE in some of the worst days of battle in the history of the US SEAL Teams and the United States. The epitome of the SEAL attitude of “never quit” runs through Kevin’s veins and this book’s pages. A must read.”
– Scott McEwen, #1 New York Times bestselling co-author of American Sniper and the nationally bestselling Sniper Elite series of novels
“One of the very best books to come out of the war in Iraq. A natural sequel to American Sniper and a powerful, rapid-fire look into the world of an operator. An instant classic that will be of enormous value to future warriors, scholars, and anyone who cares about our military and our veterans.”
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, bestselling author of On Killing
"The Last Punisher takes you right onto the battlefield and into the heart of the action. A rare glimpse into the mind of a Navy SEAL—you won't be able to put it down."
– Clint Emerson, New York Times bestselling author of 100 Deadly Skills
"[Lacz's] pungent, plain-spoken account has lots of butt-kicking and some tears, and serves to remind civilian readers again that war is another world...an unapologetic tribute to the habits and attitudes of the professional warriors of SEAL Team THREE...a late but worthy arrival to the Navy SEAL memoir genre."
– City Journal
"Superb action-writing. The finest story of a SEAL team in combat: alternately violent, thoughtful, funny and raw. Always compelling, page after page. Bravo Zulu!"
– Bing West, New York Times bestselling author of No True Glory: The Battle for Fallujah
“Kevin Lacz is an honest-to-God American hero. Serving with the elite Navy Seals, Kevin faced bullets and bombs to stop terrorists from coming toward us. In The Last Punisher, Kevin tells his story in a compelling and earthy way that brings the challenges of the soldier to every page. You might already love America, but you’ll love it more after reading this book."
– Mike Huckabee, 44th governor of Arkansas and #1 bestselling author of God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy
"The Last Punisher is both frightening and exhilarating. It puts you right in the middle of the action, as if you're next to Kevin during the events he describes. His account provides a deeper understanding of the service of our most heroic elite fighters."
– Willie Robertson, New York Times bestselling author of The Duck Commander Family
"The Last Punisher by Kevin Lacz will impact the generations living through the troubles in the Middle East in much the same way All Quiet On The Western Front did those living in the aftermath of World War I. This is an important book. Vivid in detail, cranked with action, and fueled by a love for his family, his country, and his fellow man."
– Andy Andrews, New York Times bestselling author of The Traveler’s Gift and The Noticer
"A remarkable tribute to the power of teamwork and a rare honest glimpse into a brotherhood where the stakes are life and death. The Last Punisher gives the reader an essential new understanding of what our American service members have endured during the War on Terror."
– John Rocker, retired Major League Baseball pitcher and director of public affairs for Save Homeless Veterans
“An American hero’s engrossing and action-packed memoir of The Battle of Ramadi…a powerful narrative into the mindset of a sniper at war…does an outstanding job of illustrating the life of a Navy SEAL.”
– Don Mann, New York Times bestselling author of Inside Team Six: My Life