Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
The Immune System Recovery Plan
A Doctor's 4-Step Program to Treat Autoimmune Disease
Table of Contents
About The Book
The bestselling book with 100,000 copies in print from one of the most sought-after experts in the field of functional medicine, Dr. Susan Blum, author of Healing Arthritis, shares the four-step program she used to treat her own serious autoimmune condition and help countless patients reverse their symptoms, heal their immune systems, and prevent future illness.
DR. BLUM ASKS:
• Are you constantly exhausted?
• Do you frequently feel sick?
• Are you hot when others are cold, or cold when everyone else is warm?
• Do you have trouble thinking clearly, aka “brain fog”?
• Do you often feel irritable?
• Are you experiencing hair loss, dry skin, or unexplained weight fluctuation?
• Do your joints ache or swell but you don’t know why?
• Do you have an overall sense of not feeling your best, but it has been going on so long it’s actually normal to you?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have an autoimmune disease, and this book is the “medicine” you need. Among the most prevalent forms of chronic illness in this country, autoimmune disease affects nearly 23.5 million Americans. This epidemic—a result of the toxins in our diet; exposure to chemicals, heavy metals, and antibiotics; and unprecedented stress levels—has caused millions to suffer from autoimmune conditions such as Graves’ disease, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, lupus, and more.
DR. BLUM’S INNOVATIVE METHOD FOCUSES ON:
• Using food as medicine
• Understanding the stress connection
• Healing your gut and digestive system
• Optimizing liver function
Each of these sections includes an interactive workbook to help you determine and create your own personal treatment program. Also included are recipes for simple, easy-to-prepare dishes to jump-start the healing process.
The Immune System Recovery Plan is a revolutionary way for people to balance their immune systems, transform their health, and live fuller, happier lives.
- Publisher: Scribner (April 2, 2013)
- Length: 384 pages
- ISBN13: 9781451695007
Browse Related Books
Raves and Reviews
“The Immune System Recovery Plan is a must read for everyone with autoimmune disease. Dr. Blum masterfully presents the latest scientific information and gives patients practical, natural, and safe ways to help the immune system heal.”
– Joel M. Evans, MD, Founder and Director of The Center for Women’s Health, Stamford, CT and author of The Whole Pr
“In the tradition of Hippocrates, Dr. Susan Blum re-establishes food as the most fundamental and powerful mediator of health and wellness. The Immune System Recovery Plan provides a wealth of information, based on leading-edge science, that will surely have a profoundly positive impact on the vitality and longevity of its readers.”
– David Perlmutter, MD, FACN, author of GrainBrain: The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar - Your Brain's SilentKillers
“The Immune System Recovery Plan is a godsend for the millions suffering from autoimmune disorders. This book’s information is life-changing!”
– Christiane Northrup, MD, author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
“A clearly written, practical, person-friendly and comprehensive approach to relieving the suffering and reversing the damage of autoimmune disease. Thank you Dr. Susan Blum.”
– James Gordon, MD, author of Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey out of Depression, and founder/ dir
"When treating autoimmune disease, Dr. Susan Blum takes the whole person into account, using practical tools such as understanding food as medicine and stress management, healing your gut, and supporting your liver. The Immune System Recovery Plan is an empowering, revolutionary approach to treating the causes of all autoimmune conditions."
– Joshua Rosenthal, Founder and Director of the Institute of Integrative Nutrition
“The Immune System Recovery Plan is the right book, at the right time, by the right person. We are witnessing a significant increase in autoimmune inflammatory diseases, which include more than 80 different diagnoses. Dr. Blum has done a magnificent job helping the reader to understand how this family of inflammatory disorders, including arthritis and fibromyalgia, can be managed with the diet and lifestyle program she developed in her practice. Her step-by-step approach is based on her considerable years of experience as a physician, and the emerging medical science that, for the first time, has developed an understanding of how genetics, lifestyle and nutrition play a role in origin of these disorders. The approach described in Dr. Blum’s book represents the leading edge in the lifestyle management of chronic inflammatory disorders. It is a ‘news to use’ book that provides real assistance to those with inflammatory disorders who are looking for a clinically sensible approach to their problems.”
– Jeffrey Bland, Ph.D., FACN, President, Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Institute
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): The Immune System Recovery Plan eBook 9781451695007
- Author Photo (jpg): Susan Blum Photograph by Catherine White(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.