Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Start Here, Start Now
A Short Guide to Mindfulness Meditation
Table of Contents
About The Book
In a clear, friendly voice, this concise collection of beloved and renowned meditation master Bhante G’s bestselling instructions will teach you everything you need to know to start—and maintain!—your mindfulness meditation practice. The book includes practical advice on
- What to do with the body and mind in meditation;
- What to do when the mind wanders and how to work with distraction;
- How to deal with physical discomfort in meditation;
- How to overcome drowsiness, boredom, and inability to concentrate;
- How to work with fear and agitation, judgments, and self-criticism;
- How to avoid trying too hard, expecting too much, or getting discouraged;
- 11 common misconceptions about meditation;
- 10 tips for effective practice;
- and how to get the most out of your practice.
- Publisher: Wisdom Publications (November 5, 2019)
- Length: 168 pages
- ISBN13: 9781614296317
Browse Related Books
Raves and Reviews
“Bhante G. presents classical Buddhist teachings with total integrity, yet his expression is contemporary and understandable by anyone. This potent book doesn’t just give you the tools you need to get started on your meditation practice; it gives you the tools you will need to stay with it when the going gets tough.”
– David Nichtern, author of Awakening From the Daydream and Creativity, Spirituality and Making a Buck
“For beginners, this book will support you to develop an informed practice. And for the seasoned meditator, you’ll be reminded of the important nuances so easily forgotten. I foresee both new and long-term practitioners returning to this book over and over for inspiration and wisdom.”
– Tamara Levitt, Head of Mindfulness at Calm
“This book is a joy and a companion, full of kind guidance and clarity.”
– Sensei Koshin Paley Ellison, author of Wholehearted: Slow Down, Help Out, Wake Up and co–guiding teacher of the New York Zen Center for Contemplative Care
"Beginners will find [Start Here, Start Now] a highly accessible and insightful guide to mindfulness meditation, and even experienced practitioners may find this text useful for revisiting the basics."
– Publishers Weekly
Resources and Downloads
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.