Students ages 6 to 8 will develop their second-grade writing skills with this educational workbook from the Ready to Learn series.
Building on the writing skills developed in first grade, Ready to Learn: Second Grade Writing Workbook
guides students ages 6 to 8 in becoming imaginative and informational writers. Paired with colorful illustrations, the educational activities cover cursive writing practice, word families, present and past tense, compound words, contractions, and more. After reviewing the elements of writing, students can write sentences and then practice narrative, informational, opinion, and explanation writing. This engaging workbook will encourage kids to hone their grammar and writing skills and enjoy the creative outlets of their newfound writing abilities.
Get to know the Ready to Learn series!
- Introduces consonants and vowels, prefixes and suffixes, synonyms and antonyms, nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and more.
- Demonstrates how to write for different purposes.
- Encourages and develops creative thinking and writing.
- Teaches how to write statement, question, and exclamation sentences.
- 64 full-color and illustrated pages.
- Series adheres to Common Core State Standards.
- Answer key at the end of the book.
- Includes a Certificate of Achievement to celebrate completion.
Developed for kids entering pre-kindergarten all the way through third grade, Silver Dolphin’s Ready to Learn
series of educational and engaging workbooks, workpads, write & wipe formats, and flash cards will put young learners on the path to success. Focusing on three key subjects—reading, writing, and math—each grade level is vetted by experts in early education to adhere to the Common Core State Standards Initiative. Foundational, buildable skills are introduced, developed, and reinforced with colorful illustrations and familiar learning formats that will encourage learning confidence as kids benefit from extra educational opportunities outside the classroom.