Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Ready-to-Read Level 1
Table of Contents
About The Book
Drip, drop, plop—rain falls from the sky. Rain turns dirt into mud and makes puddles on sidewalks. It also helps flowers grow. But where does rain come from? The answer is at your fingertips. Just open this book and read about the wonders of rain…
About The Illustrator
John Wallace’s formal training was not in illustration, but rather theology, which he received at Cambridge University. However, he always loved drawing, and one of his early jobs was as a newspaper cartoonist. In his children’s books illustrations, John is particularly inspired by what he calls “the gooniness” of young school children. John and his family divide their time between Brighton, England, and Long Island, New York.
- Publisher: Simon Spotlight (May 24, 2016)
- Length: 32 pages
- ISBN13: 9781481462143
- Grades: P - 1
- Ages: 4 - 6
- Lexile ® 310L The Lexile reading levels have been certified by the Lexile developer, MetaMetrics®
- Fountas & Pinnell™ I These books have been officially leveled by using the F&P Text Level Gradient™ Leveling System
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Rain Hardcover 9781481462143
- Author Photo (jpg): Marion Dane Bauer Photograph © Marion Dane Bauer(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More books from this illustrator: John Wallace
More books in this series: Weather Ready-to-Reads
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.