Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Node.js in Practice
Table of Contents
About The Book
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
You've decided to use Node.js for your next project and you need the skills to implement Node in production. It would be great to have Node experts Alex Young and Marc Harter at your side to help you tackle those day-to-day challenges. With this book, you can!
Node.js in Practice is a collection of 115 thoroughly tested examples and instantly useful techniques guaranteed to make any Node application go more smoothly. Following a common-sense Problem/Solution format, these experience-fueled techniques cover important topics like event-based programming, streams, integrating external applications, and deployment. The abundantly annotated code makes the examples easy to follow, and techniques are organized into logical clusters, so it's a snap to find what you're looking for.
- Common usage examples, from basic to advanced
- Designing and writing modules
- Testing and debugging Node apps
- Integrating Node into existing systems
About the Authors
Table of Contents
- Getting started
- Globals: Node's environment
- Buffers: Working with bits, bytes, and encodings
- Events: Mastering EventEmitter and beyond
- Streams: Node's most powerful and misunderstood feature
- File system: Synchronous and asynchronous approaches
- Networking: Node's true "Hello, World"
- Child processes: Integrating external applications with Node
- The Web: Build leaner and meaner web applications
- Tests: The key to confident code
- Debugging: Designing for introspection and resolving issues
- Node in production: Deploying applications safely
- Writing modules: Mastering what Node is all about
PART 1 NODE FUNDAMENTALS
PART 2 REAL-WORLD RECIPES
PART 3 WRITING MODULES
- Publisher: Manning (December 19, 2014)
- Length: 424 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617290930
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): Node.js in Practice
1st Edition Trade Paperback 9781617290930
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.