Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Natural Language Processing in Action
Understanding, analyzing, and generating text with Python
Table of Contents
About The Book
Natural Language Processing in Action is your guide to creating machines that understand human language using the power of Python with its ecosystem of packages dedicated to NLP and AI.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Recent advances in deep learning empower applications to understand text and speech with extreme accuracy. The result? Chatbots that can imitate real people, meaningful resume-to-job matches, superb predictive search, and automatically generated document summaries—all at a low cost. New techniques, along with accessible tools like Keras and TensorFlow, make professional-quality NLP easier than ever before.
About the Book
Natural Language Processing in Action is your guide to building machines that can read and interpret human language. In it, you'll use readily available Python packages to capture the meaning in text and react accordingly. The book expands traditional NLP approaches to include neural networks, modern deep learning algorithms, and generative techniques as you tackle real-world problems like extracting dates and names, composing text, and answering free-form questions.
- Some sentences in this book were written by NLP! Can you guess which ones?
- Working with Keras, TensorFlow, gensim, and scikit-learn
- Rule-based and data-based NLP
- Scalable pipelines
About the Reader
This book requires a basic understanding of deep learning and intermediate Python skills.
About the Author
Hobson Lane, Cole Howard, and Hannes Max Hapke are experienced NLP engineers who use these techniques in production.
Table of Contents
- Packets of thought (NLP overview)
- Build your vocabulary (word tokenization)
- Math with words (TF-IDF vectors)
- Finding meaning in word counts (semantic analysis)
- Baby steps with neural networks (perceptrons and backpropagation)
- Reasoning with word vectors (Word2vec)
- Getting words in order with convolutional neural networks (CNNs)
- Loopy (recurrent) neural networks (RNNs)
- Improving retention with long short-term memory networks
- Sequence-to-sequence models and attention
- Information extraction (named entity extraction and question answering)
- Getting chatty (dialog engines)
- Scaling up (optimization, parallelization, and batch processing)
PART 1 - WORDY MACHINES
PART 2 - DEEPER LEARNING (NEURAL NETWORKS)
PART 3 - GETTING REAL (REAL-WORLD NLP CHALLENGES)
- Publisher: Manning (April 14, 2019)
- Length: 544 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617294631
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Natural Language Processing in Action 1st Edition Trade Paperback 9781617294631
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.