Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
.NET Core in Action
Table of Contents
About The Book
.NET Core in Action shows .NET developers how to build professional software applications with .NET Core. Learn how to convert existing .NET code to work on multiple platforms or how to start new projects with knowledge of the tools and capabilities of .NET Core.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
.NET Core is an open source framework that lets you write and run .NET applications on Linux and Mac, without giving up on Windows. Built for everything from lightweight web apps to industrial-strength distributed systems, it's perfect for deploying .NET servers to any cloud platform, including AWS and GCP.
About the Book
.NET Core in Action introduces you to cross-platform development with .NET Core. This hands-on guide concentrates on new Core features as you walk through familiar tasks like testing, logging, data access, and networking. As you go, you'll explore modern architectures like microservices and cloud data storage, along with practical matters like performance profi ling, localization, and signing assemblies.
- Choosing the right tools
- Testing, profiling, and debugging
- Interacting with web services
- Converting existing projects to .NET Core
- Creating and using NuGet packages
About the Reader
All examples are in C#.
About the Author
Dustin Metzgar is a seasoned developer and architect involved in numerous .NET Core projects. Dustin works for Microsoft.
Table of Contents
- Why .NET Core?
- Building your first .NET Core applications
- How to build with .NET Core
- Unit testing with xUnit
- Working with relational databases
- Simplify data access with object-relational mappers
- Creating a microservice
- Performance and profiling
- Building world-ready applications
- Multiple frameworks and runtimes
- Preparing for release
- appendix A - Frameworks and runtimes
- appendix B - xUnit command-line options
- appendix C - What's in the .NET Standard Library?
- appendix D - NuGet cache locations
- Publisher: Manning (August 3, 2018)
- Length: 288 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617294273
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): .NET Core in Action 1st Edition Trade Paperback 9781617294273
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.