"Toni Bernhard deftly presents deep, profound teachings in an amazingly simple, accessible way. It's like taking a powerful healing medicine that goes down like a delicious milkshake. Bravo!"
– James Baraz, author of Awakening Joy
"Toni Bernhard's beautiful book is a new invitation to investigate the Buddha's teachings in the laboratories of our own lives. How to Wake Up will be greatly appreciated by readers new to the Buddhist path, as well as by seasoned practitioners."
– Sharon Salzberg, author of Real Happiness
"Toni Bernhard has done it again--sharing wisdom teachings in a way that makes them mightily accessible and helpful without any sacrifice of depth. I love this book!"
– Tara Brach, PhD, author of Radical Acceptance
"This remarkable, warm, encouraging, and crystal-clear book expresses the ancient wisdom of the Buddha in universal, twenty-first-century terms. I honestly think it is one of the best Buddhist books I've read in a long time."
– Rick Hanson, PhD, author of Buddha's Brain
"A beautiful, wise, and practical book presenting the Buddha's teaching for our contemporary world."
– Gil Fronsdal, author of The Issue At Hand
"A fresh and articulate voice interpreting ancient wisdom for our modern times."
– Sylvia Boorstein, author of It's Easier Than You Think
"Practical and insightful. In this book you'll find a path to living with greater ease and freedom, awakening to possibilities you may not have known existed before."
– Elisha Goldstein, PhD, author of The Now Effect
"Clear, concise and accessible to anyone wishing to cultivate a path of greater awareness and understanding."
– Christina Feldman, author of Compassion
"A wonderfully clear guide to engaging all the joys and sorrows of our experience with awareness, grace, and wisdom."
– Joseph Goldstein, author of A Heart Full of Peace
"This wonderful book is an easy-to-follow guide that will help you learn skills of mindfulness and compassion, ultimately leading to true happiness."
– Kristin Neff, PhD, author of Self-Compassion