Google Cloud Platform in Action teaches you to build and launch applications that scale, leveraging the many services on GCP to move faster than ever. You'll learn how to choose exactly the services that best suit your needs, and you'll be able to build applications that run on Google Cloud Platform and start more quickly, suffer fewer disasters, and require less maintenance.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Thousands of developers worldwide trust Google Cloud Platform, and for good reason. With GCP, you can host your applications on the same infrastructure that powers Search, Maps, and the other Google tools you use daily. You get rock-solid reliability, an incredible array of prebuilt services, and a cost-effective, pay-only-for-what-you-use model. This book gets you started.
About the Book
Google Cloud Platform in Action teaches you how to deploy scalable cloud applications on GCP. Author and Google software engineer JJ Geewax is your guide as you try everything from hosting a simple WordPress web app to commanding cloud-based AI services for computer vision and natural language processing. Along the way, you'll discover how to maximize cloud-based data storage, roll out serverless applications with Cloud Functions, and manage containers with Kubernetes. Broad, deep, and complete, this authoritative book has everything you need.
About the Reader
- The many varieties of cloud storage and computing
- How to make cost-effective choices
- Hands-on code examples
- Cloud-based machine learning
Written for intermediate developers. No prior cloud or GCP experience required.About the AuthorJJ Geewax
is a software engineer at Google, focusing on Google Cloud Platform and API design.Table of Contents
PART 1 - GETTING STARTED
- What is "cloud"?
- Trying it out: deploying WordPress on Google Cloud
- The cloud data center
PART 2 - STORAGE
- Cloud SQL: managed relational storage
- Cloud Datastore: document storage
- Cloud Spanner: large-scale SQL
- Cloud Bigtable: large-scale structured data
- Cloud Storage: object storage
PART 3 - COMPUTING
- Compute Engine: virtual machines
- Kubernetes Engine: managed Kubernetes clusters
- App Engine: fully managed applications
- Cloud Functions: serverless applications
- Cloud DNS: managed DNS hosting
PART 4 - MACHINE LEARNING
- Cloud Vision: image recognition
- Cloud Natural Language: text analysis
- Cloud Speech: audio-to-text conversion
- Cloud Translation: multilanguage machine translation
- Cloud Machine Learning Engine: managed machine learning
PART 5 - DATA PROCESSING AND ANALYTICS
- BigQuery: highly scalable data warehouse
- Cloud Dataflow: large-scale data processing
- Cloud Pub/Sub: managed event publishing