GWT in Action, Second Edition is a completely revised edition of the best-selling GWT book. It covers the new features introduced in GWT 2.4 and 2.5, as well as the best development practices that have emerged in the GWT community. It begins with a rapid-fire introduction to GWT and Ajax to get you up to speed with GWT concepts and tools. Then, you'll explore key concepts like managing events, interacting with the server, creating UI components, building your user interface declaratively using UiBinder ... and more.
About the Technology
About this Book
GWT in Action, Second Edition is a revised edition of the best-selling GWT book. In it, you'll explore key concepts like managing events, interacting with the server, and creating UI components. As you move through its engaging examples, you'll absorb the latest thinking in application design and industry-grade best practices, such as implementing MVP, using dependency injection, and code optimization.
Written for Java developers, the book requires no prior knowledge of GWT.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
About the AuthorsAdam Tacy
- Covers GWT 2.4 and up
- Efficient use of large data sets
- Optimizing with client bundles, deferred binding, and code splitting
- Using generators and dependency injection
and Robert Hanson
coauthored the first edition of GWT in Action
. Jason Essington
is a Java developer and an active contributor to the GWT mailing list and the GWT IRC channel. Anna Tökke
is a programmer and solutions architect working with GWT on a daily basis.
Table of Contents
PART 1 BASICS
- Building a GWT application: saying "Hello World!"
- Building a GWT application: enhancing Hello World
PART 2 NEXT STEPS
- Creating your own widgets
- Using client bundles
- Interface design with UiBinder
- Communicating with GWT-RPC
- Using RequestFactory
- The Editor framework
- Data-presentation (cell) widgets
- Classic Ajax and HTML forms
- Internationalization, localization, and accessibility
PART 3 ADVANCED
- Advanced event handling and event busses
- Building MVP-based applications
- Dependency injection
- Deferred binding
- Metrics and code splitting