Reject the diet mentality that thrives on restrictions and deprivation.
Learn how to lose and manage weight with simple, livable steps.
Not a day goes by that the average American doesn’t think about weight. Yet the weight epidemic continues to grow. Today there are more obese individuals than those who are merely overweight. So what’s wrong?
In Full, celebrated bariatric surgeon Michael Snyder offers an insider’s perspective on weight loss: it’s not the surgery that creates success in his patients, it’s what they do afterward that counts! Using the science of fullness and introducing a new definition of healthy, he brings us powerful weight-control tools that are rooted in our physiology and proves that the undeniable feeling of fullness is the ultimate secret in the quest for weight loss – if you know how to effortlessly reach it without breaking the calorie bank or fighting your emotions. In Full, you will learn how to:
• Choose from a variety of practical strategies to achieve sustainable weight loss no matter what kind of foods you like to eat.
• End the confusion over portion control by synching visual and physiological cues of fullness.
• Be full with less food but equally as satisfied (if not more so!).
• Apply a cheat prescription so you can still say yes to indulgences and temptations without feeling like a failure.
• Take advantage of the five intentional steps of digestion to gain natural control of how—and how much—you eat.
• Find fulfillment in a physical activity that is inexpensive, easy, and convenient.
With Dr. Snyder’s rich body of experience and techniques, and these new strategies and definitions, you will move from self-hatred to self-understanding, from persistent dieting to living true to yourself, and from being unhappily overweight to being a healthy individual who knows a happy weight better than a scale does.