Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Forget Me Not
Table of Contents
About The Book
What would you do if you forgot the love of your life ever even existed?
Stevie and Nora had a love. A secret, epic, once-in-a-lifetime kind of love. They also had a plan: to leave their small, ultra-conservative town and families behind after graduation and move to California, where they could finally stop hiding that love.
But then Stevie has a terrible fall. And when she comes to, she can remember nothing of the last two years—not California, not coming to terms with her sexuality, not even Nora. Suddenly, Stevie finds herself in a life she doesn’t quite understand, one where she’s estranged from her parents, drifting away from her friends, lying about the hours she works, dating a boy she can’t remember crushing on, and headed towards a future that isn’t at all what her fifteen-year-old self would have envisioned.
And Nora finds herself…forgotten. Can the two beat the odds a second time and find their way back together when “together” itself is just a lost memory?
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (April 4, 2023)
- Length: 320 pages
- ISBN13: 9781665902397
- Grades: 9 and up
- Ages: 14 - 99
Browse Related Books
Raves and Reviews
"This high-concept solo debut by Derrick (She Gets the Girl) is part simmering romance, part affecting character study...a textured telling that eschews clichéd interpretations of the belief that love conquers all."
– Publishers Weekly, February 2023
* "Derrick’s solo debut is a punch to the gut in the best way, filled with incredibly real, layered characters whose choices throughout the story feel earned. The gentle, compassionate writing puts readers right alongside Stevie as she figures out who she was and wants to be, and it’s impossible not to root for her and Nora.,,,A perfect read for anyone who loves a hauntingly sad LGBTQ+ story but wishes to have their heart treated with care."
– ALA Booklist, starred review
"Derrick tells Stevie’s story with finesse, the beats well paced and building powerfully. Small-town Pennsylvania is vividly portrayed, the complex emotions Stevie feels for her hometown becoming viscerally relatable. Heart-rending and heartwarming."
– Kirkus Reviews, January 2023
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Forget Me Not eBook 9781665902397
- Author Photo (jpg): Alyson Derrick Photograph by Rachael Lippincott(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.