"David Harsanyi leads the reader on a captivating and comprehensive journey of our country’s relationship with the gun, from colonial times to the present. When you finish you’ll thoroughly understand the importance of guns to America’s history and the indispensability of the Second Amendment to our precious liberties."
– —David Limbaugh, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Crimes Against Liberty
"David Harsanyi does Americans a service: he spells out in comprehensive, fascinating detail just how firearms are part of the American story -- and why they should continue to be seen as a crucial centerpiece ensuring American liberty. A must-read!"
– —Ben Shapiro, New York Times bestselling author of The People vs. Barack Obama
"In First Freedom, Harsanyi is almost unparalleled in his clarity and adherence to principle, but that doesn't stop him from providing us with a rollicking and engaging read."
– —Mollie Hemingway, senior editor at The Federalist
"David Harsanyi has shown the truth at the heart of the modern gun debate better than any other current author."
– —David French, Senior Fellow, National Review Institute, Senior Writer at National Review
"[A] briskly paced journey through four centuries of history, Harsanyi explains how American culture and civilization are, and always have been, inextricably linked to the ownership and use of firearms."
– —Kyle Sammin, National Review Online
"[A] fantastic new book. Great research and great storytelling and very well-written."
– —Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author of 18 novels
"Outstanding and highly recommended."
– —Peter Schweizer, New York Times bestselling author
“David Harsanyi is one of the American’s most dedicated defenders of liberty and is such a happy warrior, he’s like Genghis Khan on Prozac.”
– —Jonah Goldberg, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Suicide of the West