Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Ember.js in Action
Table of Contents
About The Book
Ember.js in Action is a crisp tutorial that introduces the Ember.js framework and shows you how to build production-quality web applications. You'll begin with the basic architecture: client- and server-side MVC, integrating Ember.js with your favorite back end, handling data ... and more. You'll explore the amazing Handlebars templating engine that automatically updates your apps when the data behind them changes. Along the way, you'll develop a complete Ember.js application and learn how to deploy, administer, and update it efficiently.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
Ember.js in Action introduces the Ember.js framework and shows you how to build full-featured, desktop-quality web applications. You'll begin with the basic architecture: client- and server-side MVC and how to integrate Ember.js with your favorite back end. Then you'll explore the amazing Handlebars templating engine that automatically updates your apps when the data behind them changes. Along the way, you'll develop a complete Ember.js application and learn how to deploy, administer, and update it efficiently.
- Working with Ember Data
- Mastering Handlebars templates
- Covers Ember.js 1.0
About the Author
Joachim Haagen Skeie is an experienced web application developer and the author of Montric, an open source monitoring tool built using Ember.js.
Table of Contents
- Powering your next ambitious web application
- The Ember.js way
- Putting everything together using Ember.js Router
- Automatically updating templates with Handlebars.js
- Bringing home the bacon—interfacing with the server side using Ember Data
- Interfacing with the server side without using Ember Data
- Writing custom components
- Testing your Ember.js application
- Authentication through a third-party system—Mozilla Persona
- The Ember.js run loop—Backburner.js
- Packaging and deployment
PART 1 EMBER.JS FUNDAMENTALS
PART 2 BUILDING AMBITIOUS WEB APPS FOR THE REAL WORLD
PART 3 ADVANCED EMBER.JS TOPICS
- Publisher: Manning (June 23, 2014)
- Length: 264 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617291456
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Ember.js in Action 1st Edition Trade Paperback 9781617291456
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.