Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Deep Reinforcement Learning in Action
Table of Contents
About The Book
Humans learn best from feedback—we are encouraged to take actions that lead to positive results while deterred by decisions with negative consequences. This reinforcement process can be applied to computer programs allowing them to solve more complex problems that classical programming cannot. Deep Reinforcement Learning in Action teaches you the fundamental concepts and terminology of deep reinforcement learning, along with the practical skills and techniques you’ll need to implement it into your own projects.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the technology
Deep reinforcement learning AI systems rapidly adapt to new environments, a vast improvement over standard neural networks. A DRL agent learns like people do, taking in raw data such as sensor input and refining its responses and predictions through trial and error.
About the book
Deep Reinforcement Learning in Action teaches you how to program AI agents that adapt and improve based on direct feedback from their environment. In this example-rich tutorial, you’ll master foundational and advanced DRL techniques by taking on interesting challenges like navigating a maze and playing video games. Along the way, you’ll work with core algorithms, including deep Q-networks and policy gradients, along with industry-standard tools like PyTorch and OpenAI Gym.
Building and training DRL networks
The most popular DRL algorithms for learning and problem solving
Evolutionary algorithms for curiosity and multi-agent learning
All examples available as Jupyter Notebooks
About the reader
For readers with intermediate skills in Python and deep learning.
About the author
Alexander Zai is a machine learning engineer at Amazon AI. Brandon Brown is a machine learning and data analysis blogger.
Table of Contents
PART 1 - FOUNDATIONS
1. What is reinforcement learning?
2. Modeling reinforcement learning problems: Markov decision processes
3. Predicting the best states and actions: Deep Q-networks
4. Learning to pick the best policy: Policy gradient methods
5. Tackling more complex problems with actor-critic methods
PART 2 - ABOVE AND BEYOND
6. Alternative optimization methods: Evolutionary algorithms
7. Distributional DQN: Getting the full story
9. Multi-agent reinforcement learning
10. Interpretable reinforcement learning: Attention and relational models
11. In conclusion: A review and roadmap
- Publisher: Manning (April 28, 2020)
- Length: 325 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617295430
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Deep Reinforcement Learning in Action 1st Edition Trade Paperback 9781617295430
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.