"Darkly romantic and steeped in Southern Gothic charm, you’ll be compelled to get lost in the Heirs of Watson Island series."
– #1 New York Times bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout
“A fresh twist on the Southern Gothic—haunting, atmospheric, and absorbing.”
– Claudia Gray, New York Times bestselling author of A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU and the Evernight and Spellcaster series
"COMPULSION is a stunningly magical debut with a delicious slow burn to be savored. I want to live in this story world!"
– Wendy Higgins, New York Times bestselling author of the Sweet Evil trilogy
"A star-crossed romance, lush gothic plantations, and an island full of intrigue—COMPULSION was a heart-pounding race to the finish! A thrilling debut!”
– Kimberly Derting, author of The Body Finder series
"Beautifully written, with vivid characters, a generations-old feud, and romance that leaps off the page, this Southern ghost story left me lingering over every word, and yet wanting to race to the compelling finish. Martina Boone’s COMPULSION is not to be missed."
– Megan Shepherd, author of THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER
"Martina Boone's COMPULSION is the perfect Southern family saga: charming and steamy on the surface, with cold-blooded secrets buried down deep. Feuding families, sinister curses, hidden things behind locked doors! What more do you want? More time to read it, that's what."
– Kendare Blake, author of ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD and ANTIGODDESS
"A shivery, delicious Southern Gothic with feuding families, dark spirits, ancient curses... and caught up in the middle, a young girl learning to live and love for the first time. Atmospheric and suspenseful, COMPULSION will draw you in and hold you until the very last page."
– Leah Cypess, author of DEATH SWORN
"Ancient spirits, mystery, and Southern charm—what more could you ask for? COMPULSION mixes dark magic with darker family secrets in a way that'll make you relieved there are two more books. I can't wait to continue reading about Barrie and the rest of Watson island!"
– Kat Zhang, author of WHAT'S LEFT OF ME
"A little bit Gone with the Wind, a little bit Romeo and Juliet...Boone’s debut mixes a Southern gothic setting with fantasy and romance for an engrossing...mystery."
– School Library Journal
"A paranormal Southern gothic with decadent settings, mysterious magic and family histories rife with debauchery."
– Kirkus Reviews