Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Chinese Pediatric Massage
A Practitioner's Guide
Table of Contents
About The Book
• A leading practitioner of Chinese medicine provides Western therapists with a comprehensive, illustrated handbook for the noninvasive treatment of childhood conditions.
• Provides alternatives to Western medicine that are more tolerable to children and better for their long-term health.
• With over 200 drawings and photographs to guide practitioners through the massage treatments in the text.
• A valuable addition to the repertoire of any health practitioner.
A noninvasive alternative to conventional Western medicine, Chinese pediatric massage provides practitioners with greater flexibility in choosing a successful course of treatment to improve the health and energy of children without overwhelming their systems. Chinese pediatric massage has fewer side effects than other forms of treatment, making it more tolerable for children, easier on their parents, and more effective in improving the patient's long-term health.
This clearly illustrated guide is designed to give all health care providers--massage therapists, homeopathic and allopathic practitioners, and bodyworkers--who know the general concepts of traditional Chinese medicine the tools and knowledge they need to successfully use Chinese pediatric massage in treating their patients. Effective on children from birth through preadolescence, Chinese pediatric massage is a valuable therapeutic addition to the repertoire of any practitioner. It considers how a child's energetic framework differs from that of an adult, and accounts for these physiological and anatomical differences through assessment, point locations, and treatment.
- Publisher: Healing Arts Press (February 1, 2000)
- Length: 304 pages
- ISBN13: 9781594775321
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.