Along the shores of the Mediterranean, people share a love of good food, especially when it’s prepared simply and enjoyed with family and friends.
The region’s cuisines celebrate fresh vegetables, legumes, seafood and olives, making Mediterranean cooking a healthful choice for everyone. From Spanish tapas and Italian pastas to Greek souvlaki, the dishes of Southern Europe have become Canadian family favourites, as have the falafel, tabbouleh, tagine and couscous recipes of the Middle East and North Africa. The food experts in the Canadian Living Test Kitchen have collected more than 90 of their favourite Tested-Till-Perfect recipes inspired by Mediterranean cuisine and tailored to Canadian families. In this compact, budget-friendly edition, there are soups and salads, appetizers and mains, pasta and rice recipes—plus desserts. The recipes include easy weeknightfriendly meals and elegant dishes for entertaining, along with fundamentals such as homemade pasta that let home cooks develop their own specialties.
Throughout the book, Canadian Living’s food specialists share tips, tricks and techniques to ensure that every recipe turns out as perfectly at home as it did in the Test Kitchen.
• 90+ recipes from the entire Mediterranean, including appetizers, salads, beef, pork, lamb and chicken dishes, as well as rice and pasta favourites, fish and seafood, and desserts
• Recipe variations and serving suggestions
• 50+ colour photographs
• Helpful cooking, shopping and preparing tips throughout
• Comprehensive index that groups recipes into reader-friendly categories; search by type of recipe (such as soup or stew), ingredient (such as red peppers or ricotta) or recipe name
• Full nutrient analysis of recipes