“A book for fans of all sports and science, business and analytics, Silicon Valley and Wall Street, front offices and locker rooms, money and winning. And it’s a helluva lot of fun. Buckle up for the sports book of the year.”
– Don Van Natta Jr., ESPN investigative reporter, New York Times bestselling author and Pulitzer Prize winner
“Betaball chronicles the best NBA story of the last 20 years thoroughly, but with humor, grace and detail. The Warriors deserved a great book written about them. Now they have one."
– Will Leitch, author of Are We Winning? and God Save The Fan, senior writer Sports On Earth and founder of Deadspin
“Betaball delivers rich detail on every transaction, every jumper, every seminal moment that made the Warriors into champions.”
– Jonah Keri, New York Times bestselling author of The Extra 2%
“In Betaball, Erik Malinowski displays a keen eye for the important moments where sport and technology have merged in Silicon Valley to create basketball nirvana. . . . A must-read narrative for any serious basketball fan.”
– Jonathan Abrams, columnist at Bleacher Report and New York Times bestselling author of Boys Among Men
"Impressively researched and skillfully crafted, Betaball will open your eyes to all that it takes to build a winning culture."
– George Dohrmann, Pulitzer Prize-Winning author of Play Their Hearts Out
"As lively, thorough, and engaging as the team it chronicles."
– Nathaniel Friedman, co-author of the The Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History and The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac
"Malinowski has laid out the construction, piece by piece, of the powerhouse Golden State Warriors...An insightful portrait of one of the all-time great NBA teams."
– YAHOO Sports
“Instructive…and fun, too."
"A smart, breezy read."
– Wall Street Journal