"Kelly's years as a political writer and intelligence correspondent covering wars, terrorism and nuclear powers have served her well, and she portrays James with authority in a smart, fun voice that will stir lust and envy among readers. The author leaves open a window on the final page that suggests a sequel, much to the reader's delight."
– Publishers Weekly
“Mystery and thriller readers will happily delve into this fast-paced story featuring a feisty protagonist whom one hopes will have further adventures.”
– Library Journal
“Kelly has mastered the mental geographies of the journalist, the terrorist, and the spy: The competing ideals, the gritty reality, and the layers of wisdom or self-deception they employ in reconciling them. You won’t put this down.”
– Robert Grenier, former CIA Head of Counterterrorism and former CIA Station Chief in Pakistan
“Mary Louise Kelly blends the worlds she knows so well—Harvard, Cambridge, Washington, the news room and the American intelligence community--into a fast-paced thriller that is hard to put down. The atmosphere rings true on every page as she weaves a taut tale from a young man's apparent suicide to a terrorist attempt at the highest seat of American power.”
– Michael Hayden, former Director of the CIA
"In Mary Louise Kelly’s entertaining new novel, a smart, sexy reporter wanders into the midst of a truly scary terrorist plot. In the manner of an Alfred Hitchcock thriller, Kelly’s heroine has to outfox the conspirators to escape. This book is great fun, from beginning to end."
– David Ignatius, columnist for The Washington Post and author of Bloodmoney
"A great spy thriller..I couldn;t put it down. The plot's great and the details are delicious."
– Joel Brenner, Former Inspector General of the National Security Agency and author of America the Vulnerable
"Anauthentic view of the media, intelligence, and terrorism that is a realpage turner. Kelly gets how the national security world really works."
– Richard A. Clarke, former White House Counterterrorism Chief and author of The Scorpion’s Gate
"Oneof the most genuinely chilling plots I’ve ever read. A scenario thatwill haunt anyone who’s ever read a newspaper. I couldn’t put this bookdown."
– Allison Leotta, author of Speak of the Devil