"Heart wrenching yet hopeful, West’s story of learning to accept God’s forgiveness will inspire readers who have found themselves on the brink of despair."
– Publisher’s Weekly
“While waiting for a phone call that didn't come, I decided to read only the first chapter. It's now five hours later and I've wasted most of my working day reading this book…Or did I waste it? The inspirational story of two men from completely different walks of life who changed each other’s lives kept me turning pages. It reads like an extended parable with snippets of wisdom sprinkled throughout the chapters. After I turned the last page, one thought hit me: I wish I had known Don.”
– Cecil Murphey, author or co-author of more than 130 books, including Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, and 90 Minutes in Heaven with Don Piper
“God works in mysterious ways, and Kevin's story is evidence of this. God wants to do more than change us cosmetically--He transforms us from the inside out. An amazing, honest, raw tale of mercy in the midst of life's big struggles.”
– Chris Fabry, host of the daily program Chris Fabry Live! on Moody Radio and author of more than 70 books including nonfiction, film novelizations, and novels for children and young adult
“Being a filmmaker who has come across many stories, I was mesmerized by this soul-baring account of Kevin and Don. Within a few pages I was swept into a journey I never could have anticipated. This true story is a message of hope for all who read it. I've known Kevin for many years, and have long been thoroughly impressed with his ability to combine wonderfully creative storytelling with important and inspirational themes.”
– Rick Bieber has written, directed, or produced over 30 feature films and television/cable movies including The 5th Quarter, Crazy, Flatliners, Made in America, and Radio Flyer.
“Kevin West’s inspirational book will bless the Body of Christ in many ways. His journey from the corporate world to prison to the pastorate is not only heart-rending, but very instructional for every follower of Christ. All of us need help toward our destiny and assignments in the Kingdom. In this page turner, you will be blessed and amazed as you meet Kevin’s helpers!”
– Jim Hodges, founder, president, and apostolic team leader of the Federation of Ministers and Churches International in Duncanville, Texas
“Pastor Kevin West is an artesian well of wisdom. His insight and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit coupled with his measured but powerful presence encourages bold and visionary leadership.”
– Steve Williams, Mayor of the City of Huntington, West Virginia