"Amy Scher is a brave warrior and a wonderful writer. She is a living example (very much living!) of what it looks like when a woman takes her health, her heart, and her destiny into her own hands. My hope is that this book will inspire many other women to do the same."
– —Elizabeth Gilbert, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Eat Pray Love and Big Magic
“An Eat Pray Love-like memoir.”
– – Pam Grout, #1 NY Times best selling author of E-Squared
"This Is How I Save My Life is a captivating memoir of Amy's journey of pain, suffering and adversity that is conquered by courage, faith and the strong inner pull to return to wholeness and be healed. A delightful and inspiring read."
– —Sanjiv Chopra, MD MACP, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, bestselling author of Brotherhood with Deepak Chopra
“A heartwarming and inspiring story that will change the way you look at life.”
– —Vikas Swarup, New York Times bestselling author of Slumdog Millionaire
“Amy Scher goes to the edge of losing herself in mind, body, and spirit, and shows us that…sometimes it takes traveling to the other side of the globe to discover what was right in front of us all along."
– —Laura Munson, New York Times bestselling author of This Is Not The Story You Think It Is, and founder of the Haven Writing Retreats
"A homecoming of healing, a human story of finding faith, wrapped in a blanket of humor and page-turning candor.”
– —Kristen Noel, Editor-in-Chief Best Self Magazine
"This is the rare book that is both breezy and deep. It speaks to the magic of international travel, and how it can tempt and taunt you to expand into the very best version of yourself, or perhaps become someone entirely new."
– —Adam Skolnick, author of One Breath and over 30 Lonely Planet travel guides
"Heartwarming, poignant, and at times deeply funny, this book will shatter the preconceived notions we all subconsciously carry about who we are and what we’re capable of."
– —Sara DiVello, bestselling author of Where in the OM Am I?
“I was drawn to Amy’s story immediately. . . . I was rooting for her victory, her recovery, [her] regaining some semblance of a normal life. This Is How I Save My Life shows her determination in the faith-invoking journey. Going beyond treatment became something even deeper, something within.”?
– —SAN FRANCISCO BOOK REVIEW
“In her stunning new memoir, the refrain 'we are the healing we’ve been waiting for' rings throughout…a beautiful testament to resilience that veers from the comical to the tragic.”
–LA Review of Books