Explore the facts, myths, science, history, and more behind infectious diseases from around the world with this ultimate trivia collection that will have you equally freaked out and fascinated.
Taking a friendly approach to a serious subject, The Big Book of Infectious Disease Trivia
answers all of your questions about pandemics, epidemics, and diseases—plus, it covers all of the bizarre questions you never thought to ask!
From familiar diseases like influenza to ancient diseases like leprosy to oddly named diseases like mad cow disease, this trivia book tackles the mind-blowing facts and obscure details about many infectious diseases—past, present, and future. Get ready to broaden your understanding of humanity’s many illnesses, from survivable to deadly, with answers to questions like:
- What is the difference between an epidemic and a pandemic?
- What is the oldest known infectious disease?
- How is COVID-19 different from the flu and pneumonia?
- Who invented the face mask?
- What is herd immunity?
- What does it take to have an infectious disease declared “eradicated"?
- And more!
With historical facts along with pop culture references, The Big Book of Infectious Disease Trivia
is a must-have for anyone fascinated by infectious diseases.