A fun and informative compendium for Stephen King fans—interviews, essays, and loads of facts and details about all of his work.
Fascinating facts, trivia, and little-known details about the Master of the Macabre’s life and work, plus interviews, essays, and insights for King fans, from the casual to the fanatical!
Did you know…?
- In his early teens, Stephen King sold typed copies of his short stories at school.
- King originally thought his novel Pet Sematary was too frightening to publish.
- King’s legendary Dark Tower series took him more than 30 years to write.
- Thinner was the novel that revealed his “Richard Bachman” pseudonym to the world.
- King wrote The Eyes of the Dragon for his daughter Naomi.
- He has never liked Stanley Kubrick’s film version of his novel The Shining.
- It took him four years to write what some consider his magnum opus, IT.
- The 2017 film version of IT has grossed more than $700 million worldwide.
- In addition to novels, King has written essays, plays, screenplays, and even poetry.