Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Out of this World
All the Cool Things You Wanted to Know About Space
Table of Contents
About The Book
Are you baffled by the Big Bang? Curious about what it’s like to walk on the moon? Wondering if someday you might meet an alien? Dreaming of becoming an astronaut? This fun, comprehensive book is bursting with all the cool things you ever wanted to know about space. In Out of Space you will discover . . .
· The Earth, the Moon, and in Between—From the birth of our planet and its fascinating blueprint to its amazing atmosphere and our nearest neighbor, the moon!
· Earth's Neighborhood—From the eight planets in our solar system and the characteristics that set them apart to the mystifying facts about comets and meteoroids.
· Seething Stars and Giant Galaxies—From the life of the star and its various sizes and shapes to the 200 billion that make up the Milky Way.
· Stargazing—From the accounts and theories of the ancient astronomers to today’s scientists and their search for the extraterrestrial.
· Exploring Space—From the first-known rockets to today’s mighty spacecraft and the famous missions that advanced our exploration.
· How It All Began . . . and Might End—From scientists’ theories about the dawn of time to the fierce debate about how, when—and if—the universe may end someday.
- Publisher: Trusted Media Brands (September 27, 2012)
- Length: 144 pages
- ISBN13: 9781606525722
- Grades: 4 - 6
- Ages: 9 - 12
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.