With summer drawing to a close, I am ready to embrace the cool breeze of autumn! From the changing of the leaves to kids running off to school, fall symbolizes a fresh transition. Many associate the season with candle shopping, hay rides, and layered jackets. However, to me, the crisp winds and longer nights provide the perfect cozy atmosphere to fall in love with a good book. It is also the season to delve into spooky genres for those chilly nights in. I personally enjoy a good thriller, mystery, or suspenseful novel to get me into the ambiance of fall! Now is the perfect time to stock up on reading material to relax with your seasonal drink of choice. We, at Get Literary, are celebrating autumn’s arrival with some bookish quotes attributed to a few brilliant literary minds. Have a great fall and enjoy the harvest moon!
- “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” ―F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ―L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves. ―Joe L. Wheeler
- Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile. ―William Cullen Bryant
- Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons. ―Jim Bishop
- I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it. ―Lee Maynard
- You have so many autumns: so many selves, waiting to be shaken down. ―Zhou Mengdie
- Autumn colors remind us we are all one dancing in the wind. ―Lorin Morgan-Richards
- As the season changes, we learn to adapt. ―Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” ―J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- The golden-rod is yellow;
The corn is turning brown;
The trees in apple orchards
With fruit are bending down.
―Helen Hunt Jackson